Sweet boy,
You are growing! My first clue was that you've been sleeping for 11-12 hours lately. This is not at all like your usual 8-9. Plus, you've still been taking a 2 hour nap mid-day. Today, we went to put on your Teva sandals and you've outgrown them since you wore them last (maybe a month ago.) Tonight I noticed that it's time to raise the seat and handlebars on your "mud Shark Bike" as you lovingly refer to your new big boy bike with training wheels (courtesy of Nana and Papa). Good thing that we can put Uncle Brent's bicycle repair skills to work for us!
As I was changing Hannah Reece's diaper you disappeared for a short time into your bedroom. A few moments later, you proudly emerged, dressed and ready for the day-- all the way to the baseball cap! I was so surprised and said, "Wow, Graham, you look great! What a big boy! I feel like I'm gonna cry, I'm just so proud of you!" To which you calmly replied (as you admired yourself in the full-length mirror) "Mom don't cry...I'm just a boy."
I've recently decided to take up a new fitness routine, run/walking a t night. You saw me leave the first night as you were going up to bed, with the MP3 player attached to my arm and ear buds inserted. Last night as I tucked you in, you whispered, "Mama, now go put Daddy's exercise earrings on and go run away."
You enjoy talking to friends and family on the phone. You even cried yesterday when I answered the phone before you! You had a lengthy phone conversation with Taylor, beyond pleasantries and the regular "Do you want to come to my house?" Taylor told you that she has a dog. They've had this dog for about 8 months now. We haven't gone over to the Bunts since we don't want you to be sick with allergies. Well, this new information form Taylor elicited many questions from you! Word for word:
What color is your dog?
Is your dog a big dog or a little dog?
Is your dog a nice dog?
Do you play with your dog?
And of course the inevitable, "Can I come to your house and see your dog?"
Speaking of dogs, another precious moment today...
We went to the church playground to play (it's nice and shaded--perfect for hot summer mornings) I looked up and noticed this tiny Chihuahua staring at us through the fence, it was laying down, and looked almost fake because it just lay there so still. I pointed him out to you. Graham, right away you said "Mommy, that little white dog looks so sad, can I hold him?" We went into the church and met up with Joanna, one of our church maintenance staff. We gathered up some food and water for him, and he ate it right away, definitely a neglected puppy. I was so struck by your sensitive heart toward that little dog. You kept asking me if Miss Joanna was going to hold him, so concerned that the dog needed to be loved. We prayed for the dog, that God would provide a nice home for him and you prayed that Miss Joanna would hold him...I pray that your heart would always be so tender towards those who need love.
No comments:
Post a Comment