5.12.2008

Deep thoughts with Graham....(otherwise known as stump your mama)

So cool to be a part of conversations lately with the little man in our house....lots of thoughts about God and Jesus, and things we're learning in the Bible ...interesting, funny, precious and sometimes I'm really just...speechless. Here's an example of a conversation we had at bedtime recently...


Me: Good night, Graham. Remember that I love you, Daddy loves you, Hannah Reece loves you, and God loves you the most...


Graham: (quietly giggling) Mom, does God have toys....does God like to play with toys?


Me: Uhhhhhh......I'm not sure (smiling). But I bet God likes to watch you enjoy the toys he's given you to play with...especially when you share with...


Graham: (cuts me off as I step up on my little soapbox) Mama, is God a boy or a girl? (big smile, and before I can answer)I think God's a girl-yeah, he's a girl. (giggling again)


Me: Well...the Bible tells us that God is our Heavenly Father....I'm just not sure how...


Graham: Mama, God has kids. God DOES have some kids. He's got three of them!


Me: Mmmmmhmmm...well...


Graham: Their names are...............Mary.....Joseph.....and Jesus!


Me: Wow.


Graham: Jesus is not a baby forever, mom....he's bigger like Daddy now.


Me: Yes, he's bigger...like Daddy. I love you, babe.


Graham: Goodnight! Mama, please don't forget to say 'sweet dreams'!


Me: Sweet dreams, Graham.




Photo: June, 2006

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I'm rolling! N.O.