Well, here we are! It's Christmas eve, and what a great time to invite you into our home for a little virtual tour (inspired by
Boo Mama's Tour of Homes) If the miles must separate...at least we can
imagine you're coming for a visit! Please come in, kick your shoes off and stay for a while!

Welcome to our humble abode...what did ya think of the elevator ride up? And did you hang on tight to your children as you "walked the plank" to our condo? We're only about 2 minutes from the church and 5 from the beach...oh I digress...that's a different tour for a different day! Focus, Sarah...

This is our dining/living/play room...the balloons on the cross are left over from our birthday party for Jesus, today...yeah, Hannah Reece'll grab you a cupcake, we saved one just for you!!!

Anyway...we gotta get creative with hanging the stockings here in Florida...not too many places around here with a mantle, or a fireplace for that matter. Graham's tasty lookin' gingerbread house and many crafty projects are proudly displayed here, too. The big shelf is also home to our critters Nemo the hermit crab and Strollie the Beta fish. Oh no! They look a little hungry...I think I forgot to add "feed pets" to the christmas-time to-do list!

This is one of our favorite traditions "What God Wants for Christmas" nativity set... each of seven boxes contains a piece of the nativity with a story book to follow along. Day 7 is empty, just a mirror...emphasizing that what God really wants for Christmas is relationship with us, his beloved creation. On Monday, December 22, Graham and I read day 7 together...he was super quiet and then he said, "Mom, I have a new heart!" I said, "What do you mean, Graham?" "Jesus gave me a new heart and I'm gonna follow Jesus every day." Thank you, Lord.
It is a joy to share this happy news with you!

Just to our right is the wall-o-loved ones...during the year I keep these boards loaded with photos of friends and family so we can think about you and pray for you all year long. Right now, it's full of Christmas cards that warm our hearts and make us smile!
Our little tree is covered in about three-times it's weight in ornaments, it's kind of hard to see in the photo, but it's got a little lean on. Many of the ornaments are from our (Dan and I) childhood, but the little beaded Candy Cane and the Green felt wreath were some additions that Graham made to the collection this year! I made the garland about five years ago when I was MUCHO PREGO with Graham (man has it been that long ago??) . So many of memories here! 
My mom and I were after-Christmas sale shopping about 3 years ago...she caught me admiring this nativity, so she bought it and stashed it away for my birthday the next year. It now sits atop our t.v. cabinet...which my children happen to be staring at right this very minute...not usually the case when company comes, so sorry about that! I didn't have the heart to disturb them...they look so cute all snuggled up, dontcha think?
Sweet friends and family, thank you for visiting...please come by anytime and, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
2 comments:
*sniff sniff*! i really miss you guys. :)
What a wonderful home... seriously... I really love this post. Just so sorry I'm just now coming over to see it! Your home is lovely... I didn't realize you were in a condo... how great is that? So close to the beach - my kids would LOVE that - as would I. And the kids on the sofa... precious. Thank you for sharing your home!
Post a Comment