5.12.2009

The comfort of a Familiar Face

I was so happy to hear from my friend, Ms. Katie, who would be traveling to NC to visit her grandchildren for the week. We had a wonderful time visiting together while the kids played in the awesome playroom. Hannah Reece LOVED riding the big 'ol pony! Lately, she is showing an affinity for all things equine. Graham had a ball on the Big Wheel outside-that brought back a flood of memories of the neighborhood Big Wheel races when I was a little girl!
Look at these rose bushes in the yard! So, so pretty, and the clouds actually cleared for a while, we've had a lot of rain around these parts.

This move has been an adventure. As much as I look forward to meeting new people and scouting out new places-building relationships does take plenty of time and effort. During this season, nothing is as comforting as a hug around the neck from a dear, familiar friend-one who knows me well. It's as refreshing and enjoyable as a tall glass of sweet tea on a warm Carolina day! I'm so grateful for you, Ms. Katie!

Speaking of familiar faces....my momma and daddy (aka Nana and Papa) will be here tomorrow...WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU! The question of the day around here: "Is it Wednesday, now?"

No comments: