This is the story of your birth day and the events leading
up to it. On Saturday, Daddy's birthday,
we rode the train into Uptown Charlotte to visit the Children's Library and do
a little sight-seeing while Grandma was visiting. That evening, we settled in
for a movie at home. Around 4:30pm I
felt restless and the contractions were more frequent. I folded laundry, tidied
up and packed our hospital bag. Around
7:00pm, I asked daddy to write the time with each contraction, by now they were
between 6-10 minutes apart, but not too uncomfortable. Around 11 pm, my contractions were more regular at 4 minutes
apart so we headed to the hospital. It
was so good to know that your big brother and sister were safe with Grandma and
sleeping soundly. When we arrived, contractions
were 1-2 minutes apart, so we registered quickly and settled into our
room. The epidural worked great, but
slowed my labor, so the nurse administered Pitocin just before 3am. At 6am the doctor broke my water, but I was
still pain free! Daddy and I enjoyed
being ableto rest a bit and conversate.
This was a first! Just a few
pushes and you were born at 11:56 am on Sunday, March 14, 2010. You had a soft cry and a head full of light
brown hair. You were our smallest baby,
born about 3 weeks early, weighing 7 pounds, 18 ounces and 19 inches long. I remember the adorable way your brow woudl
furrow when you'd squint your eyes open.
I nursed you right away and then the nurse gave you a good bath.
We had a wonderful birth experience and care at Presbyterian Hospital
(uptown), but daddy and I were so grateful to be released only 24 hours after
delivery. You didn't make a peep during
the 30 minute drive home! You are a
precious gift from the Lord, Camille Grace!
Love,
Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment