8.11.2012

a peek at our week {in pictures}

My goal is to delete/edit my pics from the week on Friday nights.  Here are the first "fruits" of my photo purge/sort.  We're easing back in to some scheduled days and I'm trying to make sure to build it time for things that are energizing and enjoyable to me so that I don't slip into "Mom-the-martyr" mode.  :)  Organizing and journaling on our pictures is one of those activities for sure!  After the joys and challenges of the week, a little memory-keeping exercise like this reminds me of all I have to be thankful for.

Dan came home on Monday night after interviewing our new church preschool director ready to celebrate!  It's been quite stressful at work this summer and this was a huge relief..  He called the emergency babysitting squad (Grandma and Grandpa) and they scooted right over to watch the kids for an hour while we noshed on some cheese fries at Rib City.  No eating after 7 is out the window when you need to celebrate.  :)

Went to the library on Monday, which means a gigantic pile of books and 7 dvd's (the library's limit)   I think they were watching Princess and the Pop Star Veggie Tales with every blanket in the house piled on top of their bodies.  I almost forgot Millie was in this pic!  Can you spot her? 

This boy is so sweet on his sisters, and right now, Miss Millie has his affections.  The feeling is mutual! In fact when she got into some trouble she ran to Graham to tell on me!  "Grammy....momma....me feel so sad!"  So, so pitiful.  

Our little "pantry raider" is now the "panty raider"  ;) This pic is going to get me into trouble one day with Camille....I'm sure of it. (Don't worry, this blog is private only for you, family and super close friends!)  

Sitting across from these three at lunch...I was overcome with gratitude to God for entrusting me with their lives and hearts!  

Graham getting in Daddy's sermon writing process.  Dan is intentional about helping our children understand and be a part of the ministry God has called him to.  One of the many things I admire about him. 
We rearranged Graham's room and sorted out  all of the Lego (a friday morning tradition).  A clean slate in the Lego room always gets the creative juices flowing.  Here, Hannah Reece is demonstrating her awesome Hello Kitty village.  She is so proud of it!  She asked me to take pictures at every angle; here is another:
our blue-eyed beauty

our buddies Asher and Jadon came to play.  We loved how the kids all piled on the sofas right away and started looking at books and reading to each other.  Makes some homeschool momma's hearts feel happy!  I  enjoy stimulating conversation with their mom, Sarah, politics, theology...nothing's off limits.  Grateful for friendships like these.

So sweet!  This little cocked-head pose is how Camille poses for the camera lately.  

Thank you, Lord.  
  

No comments: