8.27.2012

number four

It's official....we're expecting baby number FOUR.  It is so surreal to write this!   Each time we try to grow our family, I prepare myself for months of waiting.  (even though when Dan and I look at each other cross-eyed and get pregnant-ha!)  The Lord met our desires with a "yes" very quickly, once again.  We are so excited (and freaking out a little, too.)  :)

I had picked a three-pack of tests because I knew we were trying and they were on sale.  :)  ha!  My how things have changed-I remember I bought the fanciest test to be sure it was perfectly positive with Graham.  So funny.   Anyway,  I took one about a week and a half ago, another one on Tuesday-both negative.  On Friday evening, Dan suggested that maybe  I  should take another one in the morning.  When I woke up Saturday morning, I headed straight for the bathroom, remembered the test, did my part and left it on the bathroom window sill.  I then curled back up under the covers with Millie.  TOTALLY thinking it would be negative but highly entertained with Dan's excitement.  About 30 seconds later I hear laughter...silence....and then out of now where he appears right next to me. "We're going to have a BABY!"  I  thought he was joking.  I was practically asleep.  After all, it was 6 o'clock in the morning!!  I jump out of bed (wide awake now) and bolt to the bathroom to see the test.  "Oh my WORD!"  Totally shocked.  Like heart beating fast, light headed shocked.  It was nuts.  Then this feeling of panic.  How will I do this?  Can I do this?  How will we do this?  And then the tears. Dan, was so sweet and reassuring.  This was not the response I expected to experience from myself.    The truth is, I can't do this on my own.  I'm at the end of my own means.  I am leaning hard into the Lord's strength and mighty arms and it is the BEST.  Exactly where I want to be-running to Him.  Peace washes over me.  And I am GRATEFUL.  Thank you, Lord for this child!

I snapped a video yesterday of Dan and I sharing the big news with Graham and Hannah Reece.  Graham likes to play hang-man, so we made a little game of it.  Here's the final result of our little game:

Graham was sooooo visibly excited (as expected)  :)  and is really hoping for a baby brother.  Hannah Reece was smiling, but a little quiet.  She has to internally process things and I love this quality about her.  She's thinking it through!  :)  She is concerned that the baby might be allergic to dairy, like Camille, and also where this baby will sleep, etc.  We've reassured her that the Lord has planned this child for our family and we trust Him wholeheartedly to guide us through the details.  (I need to remember this, too!)  Today she kissed my belly three times.  I think sweet sister is excited.  And she wants a boy...her bedroom's already maxed out for cryin' out loud!  ;)  Miss Millie is still unaware, and we hope to keep it that way for a bit longer.  In her chattery, innocent two-ness she might spill the beans before we're ready.

We let the kids pick who they wanted to tell.  Graham chose to tell Grandma + Grandpa, Hannah Reece chose to tell Nana and Papa.  Graham played hang-man the same way to tell Gma and Gpa and they were so surprised and excited!  Mom stopped by today and Hannah Reece told Nana right away.  Papa called to talk to her this evening, and she shared the news with him over the phone. This baby will make #6 grandchild for my parents and #11 for the Oedy's.  It's a tie-breaker on the Oedy side, there are 5 boys and 5 girls!  So for now, the big kids and our parents are the only ones who know.

I still can't believe it's true, but I praise God for this amazing gift from above.  We trust that children are a blessing from the Lord.  It is a joy to surrender our lives to Him as parents.  I am grateful that He will never leave or forsake us or our children.  Our faith is in the Lord alone.

***
Dear sweet baby,

We are thankful and excited about you!  I can't wait to smell your sweetness and hold you close.  It is a privilege to be your momma.  I am honored to be able to watch  your life unfold from a front-row seat.  Daddy is beside-himself excited about you.  I'm pretty sure he was jumping up and down (all 6'4" of his big self) in the bathroom when he peeked at the test first.   :)  He's always envisioned four children for us, so you may be the grand finale.  I pray that your precious body and soul would grow to be strong in wisdom and stature.  Your life is already a blessing and  joy to our family.  Your brother and sisters can't wait to meet you tiny one!

We love you,
Momma

No comments: