I'm not too sure how I came across this blog...but here I found another woman whose family is constantly on the move, lives on a budget, and y'all she works MAGIC with a piece of fabric and a few easy-to-use tools (plus she's insanely creative and stages homes to sell for a living).
This particular post caught my eye while I looked around at our particularly old, ugly windows with mis-matched blinds and rods...and the wheels started turning, I thought "maybe I can do this!" Mom bought me a sewing machine for my last birthday, and while I stare at it longingly most often, and even have a cute cover for it, courtesy of Aunt Cindy, (so that it doesn't collect dust of course!) I still haven't learned how to use that thing! One of the most appealing things about the nesters window mistreatments is that most of the time, there's not a STITCH involved...which means that when we move or if I change my mind *whichever comes first ;)* the fabric can be re-used for anything my heart desires.
The two fabrics in the living/dining room I found after digging around a while at the remnant table of the local fabric store for about 3.99/yard and the fabric for Reecie's room I found at the same fabric store and used my 40% off coupon.
The Nester's got so many ideas for how to mistreat windows (and hers are GORGEOUS!), but here are just a few that I've tried so far. Disclaimer: from far away they look good, but don't examine too closely! But like most things, I'm learning that the more I practice, the better they look. Each treatment took between 30 min. to 1 hour. So, without further ado, I give you window mistreatments:
First, the dining room-I used the upholstery tack technique for this:
Then, the windows on either side of the fireplace, the don't match because they're different sizes (one's a reg. window and one's a door) The rods were already there so I just added the ring clips plus a little pinchin', pulllin' and hotglued some pompom ball trim:
And last, the princess room, upholstery tack technique, again. Except it looks different because this fabric is light-weight (no rods or rings here):
Then I added a glue dot and a little daisy to cover each tack....
....voila!
2 comments:
I'm so TOTALLY impressed with your craftiness! The curtains look adorable:)
so cute!!
Post a Comment