A few weekends ago...my Dan decided to take the kiddos to Disney W*rld...all by himself...for the weekend! What a man!
At that point, I was still in the throws of the first trimester-feeling all yucky and tired, not really wanting to be alone, but also not very much fun to be around, if you know what I mean! ;) My poor family. The thought of "what am I going to do with my self all weekend?" kept popping into my thoughts, but I was determined to enjoy the time to try and rest. I'm not good at resting...I wish I was! I tend to be a real busy body. Seasons like pregnancy and post-partum can be so frustrating at times, but needed-because I have no choice but to sit down and realize that I have limitations. Dan has been amazing. I've had all-day sickness with this pregnancy, which I never experienced with our first two children. What a been a HUGE relief that Dan has windows of time during the day and evening to practically do it all, so that I can rest and wallow in my yuckiness!
The first night was quiet and felt strange! I tried SO hard to sleep in, but woke up at 5:30 am!! Those kids have me programmed. :) I thought I might sleep, rest, watch movies all weekend...but no. Without my little ones here, I had this sudden BURST of energy to do some of those projects that have been hanging out on my list for way too long...and some newly inspired ones, too.
So I started working towards this...it felt good to narrow down our closets to the minimum, switch out my wardrobe for clothes that will fit my expanding girth ;) and for the first time in many, many years.... switching out the warm weather clothes for the cold weather clothes! The best part of narrowing our clothing selections down is that it means LESS LAUNDRY to contend with!!!! Yippee!
Next, I got all inspired to make one of these. It's still not finished, but I'll post some pics soon! Oh, how I enjoy this season of autumn!!! More about that later...
Then, this post came just in time for my next project...paring down/organizing my memory-keeping supplies so that I could spend the little time I have working on simplified album keeping. Especially as we add a new little person to this family...memory keeping is about to get even a little more challenging. Stories + Photos, that's my goal.
Caught this chick-flick...of course not NEARLY as good as the book! :)
And last but not least...learned how to sew!!!! My parents and Aunt Cindy outfitted me with a sewing machine and all of the necessary sewing "notions" for my birthday/Christmas last year...finally cracked that puppy open to give it a whirl (only NINE months later ;) ! Thank goodness it came with an instructional dvd that even showed me how to plug the dern thing into the wall, sweet! I started working on my first project, one of these. Several weeks later, here's my finished product (hanging in my m&d's house ready to celebrate Reecie's 3rd b-day with our family in FL):
My people had a ball at Disney. Dan called regularly to check in, and most of the time, I could hear the music to "High Scho*l Musical" BLARING in the back ground at the HSM Parade at Hollywood Studios and he'd say "guess where we are again??" :) Have I mentioned that Hannah Reece LOVES that movie?? (I like it too :) Between the hotel pool and Disney, the three of them spilled into our front door tan and exhausted with big smiles plastered on their faces ...ready tell me all about their adventures. I felt refreshed and so thankful for this family God has entrusted to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment