
Dan made a wonderful discovery this morning...a cheap flight for Hannah Reece and I to Florida...the only catch-we'd have to leave EARLY the next day. So, I scrapped the to-do list for that day, thanked my dear husband profusely for having mercy on his pregnant wife (13 hour car-rides just don't agree with me lately!) and laundered and packed for the rest of the day. I also finished up a few last-minute projects like these gift-card holders for Graham's teachers (see above). Good 'ol M*rtha Stew*rt provided the inspiration here. Oooh and this site has some super last-minute gift ideas if you need 'em!
Realizing today that I wouldn't have time to do the "home tour" in full this year so I took a picture of my FAVORITE spot in the house this December. I scoped out this gem of a rocking chair (on left) at our local Goodwill. Dan picked it up for me as an early birthday present! I love it and can't wait to rock our baby there. We paired it up with Dan's chair, a hand-me-down from his parents and a little side table I picked up at a consignment sale. The toss pillows came from Nester's yard sale. Threw on a (folded) table cloth and topped it with a sweet red and white gingham quilt crafted for Hannah Reece by Aunt Carrie. I don't know if you can see it, but the little nativity to the left of the lamp is made of wood and crafted by Dan's grandfather. This cozy little spot just beckons me to sit and rest during this busy season. I found the stars last year at J*Ann's on clearance...and there you have it, my favorite little nook!
*I can't figure out how to drag these pictures around on my Dad's computer, so they'll just have to hang out at the top, for now! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment