12.02.2009

December Daily: Day 2

This is the way we "count down" to Christmas around here...sleeps are easy to grasp when you're 3 and 5! ;) Although Graham did mention to me tonight...."23 sleeps is a LOT, Mom!" This is a platter we received as a wedding gift that had a giant scratch down the center. I painted the middle with chalkboard paint, and voila! From serving platter to Christmas countdown chalkboard. ;)

We broke out our Christmas book collection...some I had as a teacher and others we've picked up at school book fairs, yard sales and the sale rack at B & N...this is our first year to have a full basket with enough for each day. In the years past, I've checked out many library books to fill-in so that we'd have a new book to read for each of the 25 days leading up to Christmas. Hannah Reece spent a lot of time in the rocking chair today either reading to her dolls, or to Charly, or with me. This is the first year that she completely "gets" Christmas, and is THRILLED about it...all of it!



We're headed to Sea World this weekend with the Oedy bunch...this is Grandma and Grandpa Oedy's Christmas gift to all of us. I made some muffins to freeze and take along for breakfast, plus working on laundry as I prepare to pack...looks like it's gonna be cold down there.

Reading, baking, laundering, preparing gifts, staying warm inside...that's day 2 in a nutshell.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Sleeps -- you're so smart! Why does 23 days seem like eternity when you're a child but minutes when you're the momma????

I've been wanting to make myself one of those trays... I love that idea. Christmas is in full swing in your home! ~ kim